A Beautiful Motorcycle Track Day on the Popular Thunderhill Raceway 3 Mile East Track
3 Riding Groups (20 minute sessions)
EXTREME (A) Group
Intended for very experienced track riders and racers. A 6 foot safety cushion safe passing is allowed on inside/outside, left to right and front to back.
Suggested Times Per Lap – Thunderhill East 2:10 and under
ADVANCED (B) Group
Intended for experienced track riders and riders who have a bit of competitive edge. A 6 foot safety cushion safe passing is allowed on inside/outside, left to right and front to back.
Suggested Time Per Lap – Thunderhill East 2:10 – 2:30
CRUZIN’ (C) Group
Intended for beginner track riders and those looking to ride in a NON-competitive atmosphere. Passing rules are inside and outside with an 8 foot cushion both left to right and front to back. Passing should be done courteously.
Suggested Time Per Lap – Thunderhill East 2:30 and up
* If your desired group is sold out, please don’t sign up for the wrong group just to get in. Only ride in the group that suits you best.
** Double Group Tickets are NON TRANSFERABLE. You cannot share it with another person.
7:00am – Gates open
7:15am – Registration and bike tech open
8:00am – 8:30am – Mandatory all riders meeting
9:00am – Cruzin (C) group goes out on course (FTD Staff will lead groups of 5-10 riders around for the entire session under yellow flag)
9:20am – Advanced (B) group goes out on course
9:40am – Extreme (A) group goes out on course
The groups will continue on this schedule until lunch
9:30am – CRUZIN & “INTRO” group Mandatory new rider/new to track orientation and session debrief for everyone in the Cruzin and Intro group to go over questions after being out on track
1:00pm – 2:00pm – Lunch
2:00pm – Extreme (A) group goes out on course
2:20pm – Advanced (B) group goes out on course
2:40pm – Cruzin (C) group goes out on course
The groups will continue on this schedule until the end of the day
5:00pm – Track goes cold and closes for the day
9:30am – “Intro to The Track” Orientation
10:30am – Vision & Focus /Reference Points
11:30am – Braking / Counter Steering
1:30pm – 4 Stages of Body Position
- Yellow (held motionless): Caution means there is an incident off course. NO PASSING until passed the incident.
- Yellow (waving): Extreme caution means there is an incident on track or in direct impact area. There will be a motionless yellow flag in the corner before the incident. NO PASSING until passed the incident.
- Yellow w/ Red Stripes: Debris on course, avoid the debris if you can.
- Black w/ Green Stripes: Slippery Fluid on course, avoid the fluid if you can.
- Red: All riders must signal quickly with your hand and come to a complete STOP safely and quickly. DO NOT STOP on the blind side of a hill. DO NOT PASS. DO NOT KEEP RIDING. Keep all your riding gear on. Stay on your bike. Remain stopped until otherwise directed.
- Black (waving): In the corners means your session is over. Complete your lap, safely exit the track, and head into the pits
- Black (pointed at you): Means you have violated a rule, complete your lap, exit the track do not hide in the pits and come talk to the Grid Marshal. Two (2) black flags and you will go home.
- Black w/ Red Dot (meatball): Indicates mechanical with you or your bike. Take a quick look down at your boots if, they are shiny you, are probably leaking oil, if so pull off the side of the track you are closest to, completely off track and put your hand up. Do not complete the lap. If you are not leaking, come in and talk to the Grid Marshal.
When entering the track going into turn one, always locate your blend line. Look over your shoulder and blend with extreme caution.
At no time are participants to walk the track before or between sessions. This applies to overnight campers as well.
- We have a no cash back or credit refund policy.
- However, more than one week before the event, you can move your ticket to a future event in 2019. The ticket can only be moved ONCE. If the ticket is sold to a third party, it can no longer be moved to a different event.
- Unfortunately, less than one week before the event, there is a 100% no cancellation, change or transfer policy. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Please remember, this is a rain or shine track day event. No refunds or credits will be given due to weather!
- DOT Full Face Helmet
- One Piece or Zip Together Two Piece Leathers. You can wear a textile one piece or two piece suit that zips together with protective armor in the Cruzin’ group, but we highly recommend wearing leathers.
- Motorcycle Specific Boots/Gloves (back protector recommended)
- Clean Motorcycle (no leaks)
- Remove Fuses or Tape Off Lights
- Remove or Tape Off Turn Signals and Mirrors
- Bring a Great Attitude!
- Fun Track Dayz does not provide medical insurance. All riders are responsible for providing their own personal medical insurance coverage.
Thunderhill Cafe’ will be open for food purchases.
Fun Track Dayz has multiple excellent trackside services onsite to take care of your needs:
See sponsors and vendors for current list