A Beautiful Motorcycle Track Day on the Popular Thunderhill Raceway 2 Mile West Track (Clockwise)
3 Riding Groups (20 minute sessions)
EXTREME (A) Group
Intended for very experienced track riders and racers. A 6 foot safety cushion safe passing is allowed on inside/outside, left to right and front to back.
Suggested Times Per Lap – Thunderhill West (Clockwise) 1:20 and under
ADVANCED (B) Group
Intended for experienced track riders and riders who have a bit of competitive edge. A 6 foot safety cushion safe passing is allowed on inside/outside, left to right and front to back.
Suggested Time Per Lap – Thunderhill West (Clockwise) 1:20 – 1:30
CRUZIN’ (C) Group
Intended for beginner track riders and those looking to ride in a NON-competitive atmosphere. Passing rules are inside and outside with an 8 foot cushion both left to right and front to back. Passing should be done courteously.
Suggested Time Per Lap – Thunderhill West (Clockwise) 1:30 and up
* If your desired group is sold out, please don’t sign up for the wrong group just to get in. Only ride in the group that suits you best.
** Double Group Tickets are NON TRANSFERABLE. You cannot share it with another person.
Typical Event Schedule
7:00am – Gates open
7:15am – Registration and bike tech open
8:10am – 8:45am – Mandatory all riders meeting
9:00am – Cruzin (C) group goes out on course (FTD Staff will lead groups of 5-10 riders around for the entire session under yellow flag)
9:20am – Advanced (B) group goes out on course
9:40am – Extreme (A) group goes out on course
The groups will continue on this schedule until lunch
9:30am – CRUZIN & “INTRO” group Mandatory new rider/new to track orientation and session debrief for everyone in the Cruzin and Intro group to go over questions after being out on track
9:50am – Advanced group and new rider/new to track orientation and session debrief for anyone with questions after being out on track
1:00pm – 2:00pm – Lunch
2:00pm – Extreme (A) group goes out on course
2:20pm – Advanced (B) group goes out on course
2:40pm – Cruzin (C) group goes out on course
The groups will continue on this schedule until the end of the day
5:00pm – Track goes cold and closes for the day
9:30am – “Intro to The Track” Orientation
10:30am – Vision & Focus /Reference Points
11:30am – Braking / Counter Steering
1:30pm – 4 Stages of Body Position
- Green: Start or All clear
- Yellow (motionless): Caution (no passing)
- Yellow (waving): Extreme caution, Incident on track or in direct impact area (no passing)
- Yellow w/ Red Stripes: Debris on course
- Black w/ Green Stripes: Slippery Fluid on course
- Red: All riders stop where you are immediately as soon as it is safe and remain stopped until otherwise directed. Make sure to stop where your visible from large distances
- Black (waving): Indicates a course closure, maintain a slow safe speed and return to pits
- Black w/ Red Dot (meatball): Indicates mechanical with you or your bike or a rule infraction, maintain safe speed and report to Grid Marshall.
- Checker: End of session
When entering the track going into turn one, always locate your blend line. Look over your shoulder and blend with extreme caution.
At no time are participants to walk the track before or between sessions. This applies to overnight campers as well.
- We have a no cash back or credit refund policy.
- However, more than one week before the event, you can move your ticket to a future event in 2018. The ticket can only be moved ONCE. If the ticket is sold to a third party, it can no longer be moved to a different event.
- Unfortunately, less than one week before the event, there is a 100% no cancellation, change or transfer policy. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Please remember, this is a rain or shine track day event. No refunds or credits will be given due to weather!
- DOT Full Face Helmet
- One Piece or Zip Together Two Piece Leathers (or equivalent)
- Motorcycle Specific Boots/Gloves (back protector recommended)
- Clean Motorcycle (no leaks)
- Remove Fuses or Tape Off Lights
- Remove or Tape Off Turn Signals and Mirrors
- Bring a Great Attitude!
- Fun Track Dayz does not provide medical insurance. All riders are responsible for providing their own personal medical insurance coverage.
Thunderhill Cafe’ will be open for food purchases.
Fun Track Dayz will have the following trackside services onsite to take care of all your needs:
- Tire Services provided by Michelin
- Suspension Services provided by JPH Suspension
- Photography provided by Got Blue Milk
- Track Massage provided by Track Side Massage
Content subject to change without notice.